The Centre for Research on Settlements and Urbanism promotes collaborative progressive research in the field of human geography.
The main objectives of the centre are:
1. To develop new directions of fundamental and applied research in human geography.
2. To establish partnerships and collaborations with other similar centres, national and abroad, so as to exchange information, skills and carry out joint projects.
3. To develop a research database (statistical, cartographic and bibliographical) to support fundamental and applied research;
4. To organize scientific meetings, workshops, round tables to promote the research activities conducted by the centre.
5. To promote the research centre as a science debate platform, approved and acknowledged in the field of analyzing settlements, urbanism, spatial planning, urban and rural development.
6. to initiate training activities and info meetings for those who show interest in order to develop the research capacity of the students, young researchers and specialists in the field.
7. To create a resourceful environment for research, innovation and professional development at the centre;
8. To transform the centre into an interface for communication and initiate interdisciplinary collaborations between the university researchers and business, social and institutional representatives.
The centre has a complex agenda of activities that is continuously being improved:
1. Basic and specific research on issues related to settlements, urbanism, spatial planning, rural and urban development.
2. The elaboration of materials and scientific papers, according to the distinctive feature of the centre.
3. The elaboration of studies, urbanism and planning projects in accordance with the interdisciplinary profile of the centre.
4. The centre is engaged in editing and publishing of the Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, issued biannually.
5. The centre is involved in the organization of the International Conference Rural Space and Local Development;
6. The centre aims to establish professional relationships and exchange of scientific information with similar organizations in the field, national and abroad.
7. It provides consultancy and expertise in territorial development, urbanism and spatial planning.
8. It aims to create a resourceful library, to provide free access to digital libraries, to develop and manage statistical, cartographic and bibliographic database;
9. It organizes training courses and formative trainings for young researchers and public administration staff.
If you are sharing the same field of research, if you are driven by motivation to be creative and proactive, it is a great pleasure to invite you to join our team. Our door is open to students, young professionals as well as well-known scholars.